Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Wardrobe of a Romantic Weekend

After you have been dating someone for a certain period of time and the inevitable weekend trip pops into play, one has more to do than just simply plan the location and the activities. The secondary questions start creeping in like what restaurants will you visit and then finally, the clothing dilemma. As a girl I feel like its more of an acute thought for me or someone of my gender, but every once in a while your guy can give you a run for your money. For me, the situation was recent and the implications vast--am I that lame of a girl where I spent 20 minutes on my clothing selection or am I dating someone who is just more in tune with their stylish side that they filled two large duffel bags, and you only one? I'm thinking (hoping) its laziness on my part.

At what point in a relationship do the sweats outweigh the stilettos or when is it their turn to do the work in seduction? I think the time is now for me, because my sweaters were far more numbered than lingerie, and that was never the case! Sometimes a girl just wants her fluffy socks, and that should be OK, right? Well, I think in a year marked with change and hope, my personal hope is that the fuel of my relationship is shared rather than solely focused on myself wearing or being subject to painful parts of a wardrobe designed for male pleasure (certainly not my own). But as I sit here, on a "date" day wearing a mini-skirt and knee-high boots, when we just received an ice/now storm, I realize I may be just as much of a girl as I ever have been, just slightly hibernating.

2 comments:

  1. If you've been together long enough, there's a certain sexy comfort to sweatpants.

    ReplyDelete