Friday, January 9, 2009

The Eternal Fratboy

lives and breathes all over New York City, and can be found most nights of the week with his "boys" and "poppin' his collar." They usually congregate in front of a large group of scantily clad girls and any number of Southern-esque bars that have taken over the bars once frequented by druggies and call girls that Giuliani shut down in the 90's. What we have made way for is the overcompensating Nantucket Reds and Tevas of the Ivies and other "trust-me-I'm-smart" higher learning intuitions. Now, canned beer equals class and is preferential to the other more sophisticated draft beers that were once chic. Don't lie you know you secretly wish there was a beer pong table in the corner of the overpriced wine bars. And who wouldn't want a rendition of "Shook Me All Night Long" sung by the balding finance guy after a long day's work?

The question I have and please feel free to chime in here, when does the canned beer look unappealing to our males reliving the "glory days"? My guess was 25, and now being there myself, I am clearly wrong. As a matter of experience, I can tell you the early thirties isn't even enough time. Sorry to say ladies, once a frattie, always a frattie. While the thrill of being invited into one of the "brother's rooms" has faded along with the smell of old beer soaked into their wood floors, I say enough the beer and make sure to keep your girl posse along for the ride. You know, in case things get out of hand and you need someone you take you home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment